CIPS Advanced Diploma
Want to enrol?Register your interest
The CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma builds on the comprehensive best practice operational knowledge gained in the Diploma to enable the development of innovative approaches and solutions in procurement and supply chain management. This course takes a broader and more strategic view of how the procurement function can deliver essential competitive advantage to the organisation in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
The focus in the Advanced Diploma is on taking a company and whole supply chain perspective and identifying where effort is best focused to maximise the value that can be contributed through procurement and supply management. It gives procurement and supply chain professionals the knowledge and skill base to reduce cost, to deliver improved quality, flexibility and responsiveness, to improve supply reliability and continuity, and to achieve increased stakeholder and customer satisfaction.
The Advanced Diploma course covers 5 core and 3 optional modules that together provide participants with both the broad business knowledge and the specific procurement and supply chain management expertise to achieve these goals. This is the second level of the professional qualification and normally requires completion of the CIPS Diploma level 4.
The key learning outcomes of the 5 core modules are as follows:
- Managing teams and individuals (L5M1)
- Managing supply chain risk (L5M2)
- Managing contractual risk (L5M3)
- Advanced contract & financial management (L5M4)
- Managing ethical procurement & supply (L5M5)
The key learning outcomes of the 3 optional modules (from a choice of 5) are as follows:
- Category management (L5M6)
- Project & change management (L5M8)
- Achieving competitive advantage through the supply chain (L5M7)
- Operations management (L5M9)
- Logistics management (L5M10)