CIPS Advanced Diploma
Want to enrol?Register your interest
The CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma builds on the comprehensive best practice operational knowledge gained in the Diploma to enable the development of innovative approaches and solutions in procurement and supply chain management. This course takes a broader and more strategic view of how the procurement function can deliver essential competitive advantage to the organisation in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
The focus in the Advanced Diploma is on taking a company and whole supply chain perspective and identifying where effort is best focused to maximise the value that can be contributed through procurement and supply management. It gives procurement and supply chain professionals the knowledge and skill base to reduce cost, to deliver improved quality, flexibility and responsiveness, to improve supply reliability and continuity, and to achieve increased stakeholder and customer satisfaction.
The Advanced Diploma course covers 5 units that together provide participants with both the broad business knowledge and the specific procurement and supply chain management expertise to achieve these goals. This is the second level of the professional qualification and normally requires completion of the CIPS Diploma level 4.
The key learning outcomes of the 3 core units are as follows:
- AD1 Management – stakeholder management and motivation, leading innovation and change, team working, individual performance and development.
- AD2 Risk Management – achieving reliability and continuity of supply, reducing costs and improving quality, project management.
- AD3 Improving the competitiveness of supply chains – adding value, achieving competitive advantage, managing performance and leading improvement.
The key learning outcomes of the 3 optional units are as follows:
- AD4 – Category management – utilising the latest procurement approaches, models and methods to achieve transformational change and improvement
- AD5 – Sustainability – managing sustainability, achieving compliance, improving corporate reputation, whole life costing
- AD6 – Operations management – understanding and aligning with core company processes and objectives, quality improvement, new product and service design and development.