Improve your Negotiation Skills - For Buyers
Want to enrol?Register your interest
Due to popular demand, we are running our half-day short course: ‘Improve your Negotiation Skills - for Buyers’ on Thursday the 25th of March.
You will learn about the process and practical techniques to help you to negotiate successfully, specifically how to:
- Overcome the challenges of negotiating online platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Choose the right negotiation approach for different situations
- Set objectives and define issues for negotiation, bargaining, agreement and closure
- Develop effective persuasion and influencing techniques
- Build relationships with stakeholders and still get what you want!
Who is the session for?
Knowing how to negotiate effectively as a buyer is an important aspect of managing your business budget. Anyone involved in a purchasing role from Assistant Buyer to Senior Buyer and their Managers, whose role involves purchasing can benefit from the knowledge and strategies that this training provides.
9:30 am: Welcome and introductions
9:45 am: Assessing the best approach for different commercial negotiations, overcoming the challenges of negotiating online
10:30 am: Defining issues and variables, setting objectives
11:00 am: Bargaining, concessions, gaining agreement
11:30 am: Developing effective persuasion and influencing techniques
12:15 pm: Review: Tips and techniques to take away and practice to improve your performance
12:30 pm: End of session